- Everyone remembers Saturn by it's rings.
- There are thousand of rings made up of rocks, dust,and ice that orbit Saturn.
- The rocks range in size from pebbles to houses and all the rings are different colors.
- Also in the rings are moons just orbiting Saturn.
- Saturn's ring is 50 miles thick.
- Saturn is the second biggest planet because it is next in size to Jupiter.
- Saturn is tilted just like the earth, but compared to Saturn the earth is a marble and Saturn is a soccer ball.
- Like Jupiter, Saturn is made up of hydrogen and helium gas.
- Being further away from the sun, Saturn is 300 degrees F. below zero on the surface and 20,000 degrees F. in the core of Saturn.
- A Saturn year is 30 earth years. And an Saturn day is just about 10 hours.
- Saturn has 30 moons and the moon that is almost as big as Saturn is Titan.
Did you realize how many threes Saturn has?
Wow we are going through this very fast.