Friday, September 21, 2012

Ranger's Apprentice book #1

I got a recommendation of this book from a friend but Jessica (being our family reader) was the first to actually read it.
All in all it took me over a year to actually get around to reading it, but once I did I was glad of it.

Ranger's Apprentice book one the Ruins of Gorlan is the story of a young orphan boy, Will, who's about fifteen or sixteen who gets chosen by a ranger to be his apprentice. (hence the title.)
The rangers are a group of fifty men who are trained in the are of artery and moving silently among other things. The Rangers are many avoided because of the roomers that they use black magic. So you can only imagine Will's response when he finds out that he's going to be a ranger.

Together, Will and his Master, Halt, end up going on a wild ride together after evil beasts, learn the power of a long bow, and ultimately, Will learns how to get along with his life long enemy Horace.

I really enjoyed all eleven books as well as John Flanagan's second series: the Brother Band.
The only problem that I had with the first few Ranger's Apprentice books was the language. There was frequent use of one word that was pretty bad, so I would recommend parents reading and marking out the words.
But I do recommend them for any one. I know a dad who has read them all three times.
I thought that the books were well written, funny, intense, sweet.

My favorite books are the 1st; Ranger's Apprentice, 2nd; the Burning Bridge, 7th; Erak's Ransom, and the 9th; Halt's Peril.

No comments: