Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Snowy Owl

Sorry I haven't done a bird post in so long!
The Snowy Owl seems to like places like fields or other open places. It never roosts in trees, only on the ground or on rooftops.
It lives in Alaska and Canada and goes a little ways "down south" for the winter during which (or so I've read) they like to stay at airports. (Don't ask me about that. I am not the one who decides things like that.)
I'm not real sure how big they are, only that they are big and are white with dark spots.
The females usually have more markings then the males.

(Great markings display!)
The Snowy Owls lay about 5-8 white eggs.

1 comment:

~E~R~I~N~ said...

Emily,
I really like your blog.
The posts are very interesting and I love all of the colourful photos!
You are doing a great job; keep up the good work!!!

Love,
Erin